Wednesday 15 July 2015

Most Used Eye Brushes | Real Techniques, ELF and eBay sets!


As promised I said i'd follow up my previous post on my most used face brushes, but before I go into that I thought i'd let you know that I've done a guest post over on Erin's blog, here. Erin has recently just started blogging again and decided to add a new feature to a blog where every now and then people she know's from online or through blogging write something, whatever they'd like. I wrote 5 Things Things That Make Me Happy, so please go check that out and the rest of Erin's blog!

Anyway, here I am again talking about my most used eye brushes, although I have a lot more eye brushes than face brushes there are a select few I reach for every time I do my eye makeup. 



1. Lydia Professional Pink Flat Brush.



As you can see this is a small flat brush and I use this to pack on the base of my eye shadow. This holds the eye shadow well and i'm able to apply it with no fall out, however that could just be down to the eye shadow i'm using- who knows! I picked this brush up in a set from Amazon, here and they're so pretty- I've not had any problems with them so far, plus they come with a pink case that is very handy for travelling!

2. Large Pencil Brush.



Again, this was part of a set of 4 from eBay, here. I cant fault the brushes that came in this set, despite them being a little bigger than I thought they're such great quality and the bristles are so soft. It's perfect for applying eye shadow in the crease as it fits in nicely and if you keep working at the eye shadow it blends in nicely.


3. ELF Blending Brush.




I had heard good things about the ELF brushes and I really needed a blending brush so I picked up this to try. At first I was a bit disappointed with the quality, the bristles fell out easily and especially when washed. I stopped using it for a while and decided to try it again and I've not had that problem, perhaps there were a few odd bristles that just wasn't glued in properly? It's holding up well now and blends my eye shadow well, it's also really soft so it's perfect for blending! If this one isn't clean, i'll use one of the blending brushes from the eBay set I mentioned previously- although it's a bit big, it does the job!

4. Real Techniques Detailer Brush.



I've just realised that the majority of these brushes are from a set, however most of the sets are so affordable from eBay or Amazon. This brush is from the Real Techniques Core Collection and I use it for applying eye shadow to the lower lash line as it's so small and fits perfectly under the lashes!


5. Spooley Brush.



This isn't really a brush, well it sort of is as it has tiny bristles. This again was part of a set from eBay, here. The quality of this brush isn't that great but the rest of the brushes are so I can't fault them, plus I use this every day so it's had quite a lot of use, therefore it was worth it! I comb through my eyebrows with this before and after applying my brow pencil, it tidies them up when I've just rolled out of bed and after applying brow product to ensure it's spread evenly. 


And there you have it,  a quick run through of my favourite eye brushes. Each of these brushes/sets are great however if you're on a tighter budget then i'm sure you can find similar with all of these types of brushes in.


What are your favourite makeup brushes?
Please let me know in the comments!

♥   ♥   ♥

12 comments:

  1. My favourite eye brushes are 100% the Real Techniques ones- they are a daily essential for me! My fav has to be the base shadow brush for creasework! Fantastic post!xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard a lot about the base shadow brush, I'll have to keep that one in mind! Thank you for your comment x x

      Delete
  2. Thankyou for the comment sweetie! I love all these brushes :)
    www.evachre.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post, I really need to buy some more makeup brushes but I always put it off because its not as exciting as buying a new lipstick or eye shadow palette x

    http://thriftyvintagefashion.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree but you should get some from eBay or Amazon, they're so affordable so maybe you'll have money left over to buy some new makeup too! x x

      Delete
  4. I'm so glad you put a link to those makeup brushes on eBay, I'm always trying to look around for reasonably priced brushed, but I can never find any on the high street, that are good quality!! x

    http://geraldineswonderfulworld.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad this has been useful for you, the brushes I've picked up from eBay have been such great quality and so affordable. You should definitely try some out! x x

      Delete
  5. Great post, and I spy Lauren Conrad ;)
    My favourite brushes are definitely real techniques and eco tools.
    They do not shed at all and are really soft!
    http://pinksmartiesblog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! You do? I love her book and blog!
      I've not tried eco tools brushes but I always pick them up and put them back down in Superdrug, I think they'll have to go in my basket next time! x x

      Delete
  6. I've never bought any brushes from ebay, definitely going to give some of these a try now! :)
    Urban Obsessions // Vegan Food, Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh you should, definitely! Thanks for leaving your blog link, i'll go check it out now! :) x x

      Delete

Thank you for your comment and checking out my blog, I will do my best to reply as soon as possible! X