Saturday 16 May 2015

W7 In the Buff Eye Shadow Palette | Urban Decay Naked Dupe!

A little while ago I started to really get into wearing eye shadow and knew I wanted to try one of the Urban Decay Naked palettes, however they weren't really in my budget at the time and I wasn't prepared to splash out £40 on eye shadows. I decided to look for a more affordable alternative and heard that W7 do great dupes of high end products so I picked up the In the Buff palette which is supposed to be a fantastic dupe of the Naked 2 palette. I picked up this one from Argos but I know Amazon sell them and I believe Asda too.



The eye shadows are packed in a metal tin that seems some what sturdy so I know this will protect the eye shadows, especially when travelling. However, the packaging is slightly on the larger side and I feel it could be smaller. The palette contains 12 neutral shades in matte and shimmers, though there are a lot more shimmers and comes with a double ended applicator, one end sponge which I don't tend to use and the other end a flat brush which can be used to pack on a base.


Now onto the shadows themselves, there are three mattes:
  • A yellow toned nude that I use as a base or could be used to highlight under the brow bone and in the inner corner
  • A medium brown that is perfect through the crease or on the outer corner
  • And finally a black that is amazingly pigmented, just as the others are and can be used to create a more smokey look.
The shimmers, some more subtle but some obvious shimmers:
  • A range of browns, champagnes, an almost khaki shade and some coppery brown shades which can all be seen in the swatches below.
L-R: Buff(matte), Camel, Sand, Dust, Chocolate(matte), Topaz, Earth, Storm, Silk, Wave, Thunder, Onyx(matte)

Pigmentation
I'm amazed at the pigmentation of these eye shadows, admittedly a few aren't so great but the majority are brilliant and I've read they're on par with the UD Naked eye shadows but as I've said unfortunately I haven't tried them yet.


Longevity
I've used these with and without eye shadow primer and I've not had any problems with them wearing off or creasing so it's a win, win!

Price
The W7 palettes retail at around £5-10 but if you look around you may find them cheaper, I believe eBay sell them for less than £5 so they're a complete bargain. These are great if you're starting out or experimenting with makeup or haven't got the budget to splurge on an Urban Decay palette.

Would I buy another?
Yes! There are a few more palettes from W7 that i'd like to try and I've got my eye on the Naked 1 and 3 dupes called Lightly Toasted and In the Nude.

Have you tried anything from the brand W7?
Would you recommend I try anything else from them?
Let me know!

♥   ♥   ♥

4 comments:

  1. Great review - I have the same palette and really like it! The swatches were really useful as I haven't used all of the shades yet so it was nice to see how they look!

    I think I'm going to pick up the other naked dupes also!

    - Jess xxx

    Heyitisjess.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jess, I'm glad you liked it. The palette is great so the other ones have definitely got to be worth a try! X

      Delete
  2. Aw this was a lovely post! I have the naked 3 dupe and I absolutely love it! x

    Mind checking my blog out?
    www.hannahporterx.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Ooh the Naked 3 dupe looks lovely, I'll definitely have to get my hands on it at some point!
      Will check out your blog now, thank you for your comment! X

      Delete

Thank you for your comment and checking out my blog, I will do my best to reply as soon as possible! X