Tuesday 1 July 2014

L'Oreal True Match Foundation- My Thoughts

Hello guys!
Today I thought I'd get up a review and my opinions on the much loved L'Oreal True Match Foundation.
This was a foundation I was eager to try after hearing so many good reviews and bloggers stating it was very similar to the MAC Studio Fix fluid, this sold me! So quickly I got down to Boots and the lovely lady matched me up, I was the shade I though I was- N1 Ivory. I loved the look this foundation gave, she applied a primer underneath although I'm not too sure which but I really liked the finish it gave.

L'Oreal True Match Foundation- N1 Ivory
(Please ignore my extremely red hand, I had just washed my face with warm water, so maybe that's why)

Anyway off I went, very pleased with my purchase at only £9.99. I rushed home quickly after doing a tad more shopping and took the makeup off and applied the foundation myself, using the Real Techniques Buffing brush from the Core Collection. My initial thoughts were that I really liked the foundation, the formula, the colour, the coverage and the finish. I'll explain a little why-

(Please ignore the photo quality, apprently this one didn't want to go larger)
  • The formula is perfect for me, a light liquid that blends really easily so is perfect for makeup newbies!
  • The colour matched perfectly just as I expected it too, seeing as the name of it is 'True Match' and also being a vast range of colours to suit all skin and undertones. 
  • As the lady explained the foundation offers a medium coverage that is buildable and I definitely agree with that. I think it's perfect for more minimal days and those days where you want a little more coverage, it also doesn't cake!
  • And last but not least the finish, I'd say it was a matte/satin finish. I love the finish it gives as it looks so natural and sinks into the skin so nicely.
I've been using the foundation consecutively for about 3 weeks now and I can honestly say I love it! I definitely think i'll be repurchasing this, although I would also like to try the MAC Studio Fix too. I cannot say it's a dupe or very similar to the MAC foundation myself as I have not tried it yet, but when I do I will obviously let you know, although so many beauty bloggers and vloggers have confirmed this!
I'd recommend this for those with normal/oily or even dry skin, as I've not experienced the foundation clinging to any of my drier areas, so an all-rounder really!

I hope you've enjoyed this review, I've tried to keep it as short as possible but there's so much to say about this foundation!
Have you tried this foundation, what are your thoughts? Would you try this foundation based on this review? Let me know!

Until next time,

Amy X

3 comments:

  1. Do you find the buffing brush best for applying foundation? I use the expert face brush but I don't find it works that well! Great review though please do more in the future!
    - Jess xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh funny you should say that, I've wanted to try the expert face brush for a while now as I've heard so many great things about it! I really enjoy using the buffing brush as it's so quick and easy but I think i'll also try the expert face brush to see what works for me. You should definitely give it a try though!

      Amy X

      Delete
  2. Love this foundation! Use my expert face brush to apply but find it can be streaky sometimes so usually blend with fingers first!

    Niamh xx
    itsmeniamhalice.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment and checking out my blog, I will do my best to reply as soon as possible! X